On being busy
08 June 2023
tl;dr big oof.
Last year I applied and was accepted to an MBA program and holy shit has it been way more work than I was expecting. I had big plans.
- Parenting two kids
- Actually having a social life
- Playing in frisbee tournaments
- Robot greenhouse
- Automated irrigation for my garden, and I guess for the robot greenhouse
- Launching a Saas startup
- Pwning the allies in IL2 Sturmovik
- Rodent-proofing my hundred-year-old house
- Generally enjoying post-COVID life again
Ain't nobody got time for that. Between parenting and spouse-ing and school I barely remember last week, it's been a blur. One thing's been interesting though and that's that in my analytics course coming up they're making us use the R programming language, I guess because Python is too avant-garde or something?
Anyways. R is really weird. I have trouble grokking a language with
five different assignment operators, the most commonly-used of which is
<-. Instead of doing all the things in that list above I
spent most of last week fucking around with my emacs config trying to
get a sane setup for writing R in org-mode and/or ESS.